Saturday, February 2, 2008

polarized

24.  Matthew 9:27-38

Yesterday I was hanging out with a very good friend and he gave me this nice pair of sunglasses.  It was one of those like, "dude these are nice and I just lost the best pair of sunglasses I ever had."  (not that the ones I lost were that nice, I just had them for awhile and I had gotten used to them)  So, later he says, "hey just keep those sunglasses."  Then I feel bad cause I didn't mean for him to give them to me, but they are nice and I do like them.  And here's the thing, he told me they are good because they are polarized.  I don't even know what that means, but when you put them on there is no glare, just nice.  So thanks Jero!

It is nice to see things better.  When I was reading today's passage I was thinking about those sunglasses.  Jesus had the ability to see things as they really are, without distortion, without glare.  Verse 36 says, "When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd."  When I see people I don't always see them undistored.  I see imperfections.  I see flaws.  I see them the way I want to see them.  I don't see them the way Jesus did.  Jesus had the ability to see people as souls.  Deeper.  Must have been those spiritually polarized lenses he was wearing.  

2 comments:

Aaron (Blog Moderator) said...

Good thoughts, Dave McCants. It's hard to see past people's jobs, lack of a job, race, financial standing, and personal history. If we could learn to just see them (and ourselves) as broken, and in need of Jesus, it would go a long way in changing how we think, what we say, and what we do...

secondjohnvs12 said...

right on, I didn't realize that blog moderators were allowed to comment.