Tuesday, January 19, 2010

haiti

Last week I was reading from Psalm 10 about the time the earthquake happened in Haiti. Here is the first verse in this chapter...

1 Why, O LORD, do you stand far off?
Why do you hide yourself in times of trouble?


I guess the burden of what is happening in Haiti makes us wonder like David did, "Where is God in times of trouble?" I have been at the place in my life where I wondered the same thing. Ever looked over the edge of your life and asked, "Where are you God in this situation?" I think it is a natural thing to ask this question during difficulties. And I'm not sure that there is a hard and fast answer except this... He is always there. Whether we realize it or not. He is present. God may not interact the way we think he should but know that he is present. I believe that in the weeks and months to come we will see the end of this chapter played out in Haiti...

17 You hear, O LORD, the desire of the afflicted;
you encourage them, and you listen to their cry,

18 defending the fatherless and the oppressed,
in order that man, who is of the earth, may terrify no more.


May we always know, even if we question, that God is ever present. He is real. He is God.

No comments: