Thursday, September 24, 2009

new worship element

This past Sunday at TRC we ushered in a new element to our adult teaching time. After much effort we figured out how to have interactive text messaging. Essentially our attenders could text questions or comments about the teaching and they were displayed on the screen. Most of our folks liked the concept, but we all agreed that there needed to be a few tweaks to make it more effective.

Below is the thread of all the comments we received starting from bottom to top: (Note- there were two directed questions that I asked which is explains some of the responses, 1. What's your favorite American novel? 2. What's the worst kind of insect sting?)

giant radio active pamlico county mosquitos
A lady bug bite...ugh
Caterpillar...trust me it can happen
My ex husband
Ticks
Eddy put c's answer on the board. ((VNS&DNE)<3)
Twinrivers man spidermonkeys are bad one bit my leg off.
Lol ((VNS&DNE)<3)
A wasp on your eyelid lol.
An ant bite to the toe...the day before my wedding!
Since people are putting spiders which are not insects, im going to say a snake bite
Mosquito's
Spiderman
Bullet ants..I have never been stung but this guy was on tv
$corpians
horsefly
We are not slaves of christ but sons of the king
The poisonness kind. ((VNS&DNE)<3)
Horse fly
Horse fly
Horsefly
Cow killer ants
A wasp sting on your behind.
fire ants...they sting and itch and swell. jerks
Scorpion... Trust me it was really bad. Like hospital bad!!!
Red hornet
Wasp/hornet
An ant bite to the toe...the day before my wedding!
A lady bug bite...ugh
Fireant
Horsefly
Hornet
Caterpillar
Ground Bee
Fire ants
Brown recluse spider
Hornet
Red ants
That wasn't intresting that was boring
Sorry mean 1710
Mennonites were some of the first settlers of new bern in 17101 interesting!
Because people were too indolent to do things themselves. ((VNS&DNE)<3)
Yours is working i see it
Why was slavery permitted in jesus time
Are Christians to think of themselves as slaves to Christ?
How do i know if mine is or isn't doing this?
Why is mine not up there
Yes it would be
Wouldn't it be funny if someone jumped out of the booth??
A walk 2 remember
Not working still.
Does goat milk spoil faster than cow milk? ((VNS&DNE)<3)
Roots
Reedeming love by francine rivers
To Kill A Mockingbird
The Shack by William Young
Nicolas sparks is a good author. ((VNS&DNE)<3)
Star Wars!
The Lion, Witch , & the Wardrobe ΓΌ Chronicles of Narnia
LOTR is not an American work
all harry potter books
My sisters keeper
really? lol
The Outsiders
The stand
Turn Up The Heat
I love that movie.
Message in a bottle
To kill a mocking bird- I don't know if this is American. Ha!
Lord of the Rings
The sisterhood of the traveling pants
The cat in the hat
Breaking Dawn :Stephanie Meyer
lords of Dicsipline
The hardy boys
Nicolas sparks is a good author. ((VNS&DNE)<3)
The Notebook
Marry poppins
Old Man and the Sea
Frankenstein
My favorite author is Frank Perretti
My favorite book is The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks. £@UR¤N
Reedeming love by francine rivers
TWILIGHT! By: Stephanie Meyer
tom sawyer
The Pact by Jodi Picoult
To kill a mocking bird- I don't know if this is American. Ha!
A walk 2 remember
The stand
The Godfather
Where the red fern grows
was Back to the Future based on a novel?
Frank Perretti
Twilight. ((VNS&DNE)<3)
Of mice and men
Just trying it out
This is super cool :) ((VNS&DNE)<3)
can you hear me now...
I don't read
how do i know if mine is working or not?
Of all sermons to be serious this is THE one. Stop the text joking.
bullants
Is The confederate flad offensive? £@UR¤N
All ants.
a wasp sting on your booty.
Is flying the confederate flag offensive to others? £@UR¤N
A 20 ft tall yellow jacket
a wasp sting on your booty.
ants
jellyfish sting.
fire ants!
I HATE it when bed bugs bite!!!
spidermokey
Chores are slavery! £@UR¤N
To kill a mocking bird- I don't know If this is American? Ha!
this is pretty cool. hey everyone!
this is pretty cool. hey everyone!
Does prostitution count as slavery? £@UR¤N
mine isnt working
Riding Lessons £@UR¤N
why is william sanders so old?
The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks £@UR¤N
harry potter
The Scarlet letter £@UR¤N
To kill a mocking bird- I don't know If this is American. Ha!
Wait yes it did
plus your comments
Why is this not working?
harry potter books
My phones not doing this.
of mice and men is my favorite book i haven't read it though
i don't understand how to do this
my favorite book is of mice and men i haven't read it though
Marley and Me
The Pact by Jodi Picoult....anything by her is great!
i think jrr tolkien was british. i thought he said american writers.
to kill a mocking bird- I don't know I'd this is American. Ha!
Of mice and men is my favorite book i haven't read it though
The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks £@UR¤N
a child called it. £@UR¤N
I don't read
i don't read
Gone with the wind
the appeal
HARRY POTTER!!!
White Fang

No comments: