Thursday, May 15, 2008

new chapter



It has been a month since I have written anything here and a lot has happened during that time for our family. Probably all six of you who read this blog know that Bonnie and I will be starting a new chapter in our lives starting in August. We have accepted the challenge to plant a church in New Bern, NC. We were not really looking to move to NC, but agreed to pray about the possibility and here we go. After a month of prayer and talking to folks about this idea God challenged us to go. Since we said, "Yes" we have met with many people and told them the news, spent a week in Orlando at the National New Church Conference, and have been trying to get our house on the market to sell. I'm sure it is still going to get worse before it gets better, but at least the ball is rolling.

With this in mind we have a couple prayer requests.

1. Pray for our house to sell in a bad market, and at a good price for us.
2. Pray for our girls as we break the news to them that we are moving.
3. Pray for the kids at Avalon that they would not check out just because we are moving.
4. Pray that God would prepare the people of New Bern to be open to this new church work.

And one request, if you know anyone in that area that might not know God or has fallen away, please send me their contact information.

Thanks!

5 comments:

Chris said...

Hey Man,
Congrats! You are in my prayers!!

Aaron (Blog Moderator) said...

That's awesome, Dave! Let me know if there's any way we can help. If you're not already, read Vince Antonucci's blog--some really good stuff to think about in church planting. www.vinceantonucci.com

Levi said...

hey man you know you are in my prayers. If there is anything I can do here in NC, just ask.

secondjohnvs12 said...

thanks to everyone, we appreciate your support and prayers.

Taylor said...

Well dude...I'm praying for you. I'll talk with ya soon.